Sunday, February 26, 2012

Paint and color matters when looking to sell a home

Today my husband and I were out looking at open houses, and it inspired me to write this short blog for anyone putting a house on the market.  
    The first thing that every home owner should know is that paint is the easiest thing to change in your home, but the reality is that the cost of paint and labor is going up, so this can be more of an expense than people realize.  
   This is where good paint and colors come into play.  If you are looking to sell your home, or if you are a builder or real estate agent, I think it is important to bring up the topic of paint colors and paint quality.  While I myself can look past it and know that it can be fixed, a lot of people cannot.  
  I was inspired to write this blog because even I had a hard time looking past this particular house I saw today, mainly because it was a new construction, and it looked like it had been painted a decade ago.  What I think threw me off more than the poor color choices, was the lack of quality in the paint.  In a house that is considered to be brand new, you should not have cracked, sagging paint on every surface of the home.  It took away from the beauty of the moldings and spaces because the surfaces were done with such poor quality.  I would now need to consider painting ever inch of this house, not to mention doing the prep again because of these low quality products when looking at my budget.
   While beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to color, when it comes to the quality, that is a whole other story.  The best advice I can give is that just like with everything else in life...you get what you pay for.  Do not believe that "paint is paint" because it is completely untrue.  It really does matter on the overall appearance of a house, and it is worth every penny to purchase good quality paint for a job.
  Check out the Muralo Ultra "the creme dela creme of paint" as I like to call it.  And for an eco friendly product check out the Muralo BreatheSafe.  You will be happy you used quality products when you see your walls and trim sparkle with these products.  And the colors from the Michelle Winick Color Collection will allow your spaces to feel clean and fresh, with a touch of elegance and sophistication.
   Happy Painting!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment