Sunday, December 18, 2011

Answers to your paint color questions...

Hello Everyone,
   I am always getting questions about paint and color, so I am starting to answer the questions in my blog for everyone to see.  If you have a question, send me an e-mail at mwcolordesign@gmail.com.  You can view all of the colors in the "Michelle Winick Color Collection" on my website http://www.michellewinickdesign.com/index.php/color-collection/color-collection/
Happy painting everyone!


     Q. I am looking for the perfect living room color that will fit my mood for all seasons. Our sofa is ivory white.  There is lots of light in the room and the trim, built-in bookshelf and the fireplace across from the sofa is white. We will be using a natural colored jute rug on the floor so our options are pretty endless.  Also fyi, the one color I would not like is a green.  Any suggestions for a soothing, livable color would be great! 


       AYou have so many options for this space because of the neutral tones that you have with the furnishings and the rug.  My suggestion is to bring in a paint color that compliments the spaces elements, and makes the neutral pieces stand out against the walls. I would recommend bringing in a blue-gray into the space.  This type of color will work great with the natural color of the jute rug.  It will pop against the white built in, and still work great with ivory sofa.  Since you are incorporating a white and an ivory, you need a color on the walls that will work with both.  Take a look at the MW-14 Ocean Rain for the walls, and the coordinating trim and ceiling color MW-41 Glowing White.  This is a combination that will give you timeless color, and will work on a winter day or a summer evening! Good luck and happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment